St Peter’s Post #20
Welcome to our weekly online newsletter – the St. Peter’s Post! We’ve quite a short edition this week – but we’ve an excellent excuse! It was papier-mâché central in St Peter’s this week and we’re very egg-cited to unveil it next week. Students and staff struggled to blog with paste-covered hands – hence the lack of documentation! We’ve a big week ahead however, and we can’t wait to show off our newly decorated corridor.
We have lots of big news though this week – it was a great week for us!
Here are the week’s headlines:
- We started off the week with some fantastic news – we’ve been nominated for a Junior Spiders award in TWO categories – for Best Blog and Best Website. We’re thrilled and honoured to have our work recognised in this way. You can read our post here. Check out our fellow nominees here.
- On Monday, we celebrated the achievements of our Write A Book winners in Killiney. You can check out our post here.
- Ms Mitchell’s class planted sunflower seeds this week. We can’t wait to see how well they grow! Read their post here.
- 5th and 6th classes been doing really well in the Mathletes challenge and we received some exciting news via Twitter from Seán O’Sullivan this week. Check it out here.
- Ms Mitchell’s class have been studying Data recently – check out their fantastic work here.
- 5th class are reading ‘War Horse’ and they contacted the Irish National Stud for a Twitter Q&A here. Read all the excellent questions and answers here.
- We’re taking part in a handwriting competition at the moment – you can read all the details here.
- And on the topic of handwriting, our ‘Wednesday for Parents’ recommended links to help improve your child’s handwriting.
- Ben and Jordan were praised for their excellent work in Ms Mitchell’s class this week. Well done boys!
In other news this week:
- We had a storyteller in to speak to us all on Friday – his name was Brendan Nolan. We’re looking forward to sharing everything we’ve learned from him later in the week!
- Members of the Parents’ Association visited again this week to organise Maths for Fun for the classes.
- Thanks to Paddy, for organising lunchtime tag rugby. It’s been very popular with the senior classes!
- We signed up for Tech Week Ireland – you can read more about it here.
- 2nd class covered Sleep in Roots of Empathy this week.
- We can’t wait to welcome Scientific Sue on Tuesday – and all the schools who are visiting to join in the fun!
So, there’s a snapshot of the week in St Peter’s! As always, you can find all of our previous St Peter’s Postshere and now, with the new website, we’ve included space for the St Peter’s Posts so that visitors to the website can keep up with all of our weekly news. You can access the latest St Peter’s Post at the bottom of the front page of the website or you can click on this link to see them all!