St Peter’s Post #19
Welcome to our weekly online newsletter – the St Peter’s Post! We’re very proud of all the great work from our students this week – from Write-A-Book, to stop-motion, to Gaelic tournaments - and plenty more in between! The headlines from the week are:
- Jordan from 4th class has posted his trailer for his stop-motion movie. He has TWENTY-THREE comments on his trailer so far and was so excited to announce it at assembly on Friday! You can be number 24 here.
- The Write A Book winners were announced this week. Congratulations to Casey, Luke, Ben and Kyle. The prize-giving ceremony is on Monday evening. 4th class wrote about their Write-A-Book winner, Luke, here.
- The Gaelic football team were at a tournament on Friday and really enjoyed themselves. Read the post from Ben, Oisín, Johnny and Andy here.
- Ms Mitchell’s class were celebrating great work this week! Well done to Arturas, Nathan, Johnny and Kyle.
- 2nd class had a fantastic podcast this week updating everyone on their Roots of Empathy work.
- Last week, we had our Seachtain na Gaeilge concert – 3rd class posted their Stop-Motion as Gaeilge that they showcased at the concert. You can see it here.
- From the same concert, 5th posted their version of ‘An Prionsa Úr’ here.
- 2nd class are busy reading ‘Zac Power: Frozen Fear’ – listen to their latest podcast here.
- Ms Mitchell’s class made beautiful daffodils for Daffodil Day. Check them out here.
- 5th class were planting this week as part of the Incredible Edibles project. Check out our photos here.
- Our ‘Wednesday for Parents’ post this week introduced the Scoilnet site for parents.
- We had more ‘Maths for Fun’ this week and we really enjoyed it. Check out the post from Ms Mitchell’s class here.
- Finally, we said ‘goodbye’ to our visitor – Brigid the Biodiversity Bee – this week. Second class gave here a great send-off, which you can see here.
In other news this week:
- We had a video call with Scoil Íde from Corbally this week. We told them about the MakeyMakey and they told us about the NanoWow project. We really enjoyed the call and we hope to work with them again in the future!
- ’Do this in Memory’ was a great success last week – there’s only one more before the Communion ceremony. We’re very proud of 2nd class and their participation.
- We registered for Digital Art Week! We can’t wait for it to start on the 28th April.
- 5th class tested their Pinwheels from their STEM Design and Make this week. Blog post to follow on Monday!
- We tweeted our responses during our music lesson to’The
- We answered word problems set by sixth class in St Patrick’s NS in Celbridge.
- 2nd class made beautiful bracelets and necklaces with clay for Mother’s Day.
- We were delighted to get a lovely response from one of our parents:
- Among the other art for Mother’s Day is this beautiful card from Luke in 6th class!
- We’d great fun in our Creative Schools after-school club. Andrei, Tommy, Patryk and Adam were in flying form as they worked on their stop-motion animations!
- We’ve been getting set up for the Engineering Showcase on the 8th of April. We can’t wait to welcome Scientific Sue to St Peter’s!
So, there’s a snapshot of the week in St Peter’s! As always, you can find all of our previous St Peter’s Posts here and now, with the new website, we’ve included space for the St Peter’s Posts so that visitors to the website can keep up with all of our weekly news. You can access the latest St Peter’s Post at the bottom of the front page of the website or you can click on this link to see them all!