St Peter’s Post #18
Welcome to our weekly blog newsletter – the St Peter’s Post!
This week started with St Patrick’s Day and finished on Friday afternoon with our Seachtain na Gaeilge concert. We really enjoyed our three days this week! Here’s what we got up to this week:
- Did you see our year in numbers post?
- And you can read all about our progress in Khan Academy and Mathletes here. New leaderboards on Friday showed that we’re in 2nd place on both leaderboards! Well done 5th and 6th!
- 3rd class began the week with a video of a song they’ve been learning – watch it here.
- 2nd class have a song to help us to learn the counties. Listen to it here.
- Our ‘Wednesday for Parents’ help with homework series concluded this week. Read our revision tips here.
- We started Maths for Fun with our parents association this week. Read all about it here.
- We encouraged our students to leave comments on other school blogs at the start of the week.
- Mr Kinsella and Ms Byrne marched in the parade to support Pieta’s House Darkness into Light. Read the post about it here.
- 6th class have been learning all about Space this week. Check out their beautiful chalk drawings here.
- Johnny from 5th class recorded his Friendship for the Bord Gais Energy Student Theatre Awards. Listen to it here.
- Well done to our Senior Gaelic Football Team, who were presented with their medals on Friday. See the photos here.
In other news this week:
- There was great excitement during Roots of Empathy – Baby T was able to roll over a bit this time and he was picking up toys. This fantastic programme has become a really important part of our school!
- Aaron from 5th joined the library this week and had great praise for the librarians – we love interacting with Summer Buzz on Twitter so she was delighted to hear about Aaron’s great experience:
- We continued making our models for our Creative Schools project. We made Patryk the Executive Producer. Andrei and Ameesh worked on the history of communications, while Leon worked on the history of flight.
- We got a special package from Nicole in Greystones for our lovely Polly – we’re so impressed by her talent! Thanks Nicole!
- 2nd class have Do This in Memory mass this Sunday.
As always, you can find all of our previous St Peter’s Posts here and now, with the new website, we’ve included space for the St Peter’s Posts here so that visitors to the website can keep up with all of our weekly news. You can access the latest St Peter’s Post at the bottom of the front page of the website or you can click on this link to see them all!