St Peter’s Post #7
Big news this week on the blog! Our first post of this week and our most recent deal with the same exciting story… And that’s before we discuss the Mini-Scientist Showcase and Hallelujah Choir Concert! We’d better get started…
The headlines from this week are:
- Last Sunday, we posted our nominations for the EduBlog awards and we were delighted to receive nominations from ‘If only the best birds sang’, anseo.net and Seomra Ranga. We were delighted to find out on Friday that we’ve been shortlisted for the voting stages for the awards. We’d be extremely grateful for your support, you can find the information on voting here.
- This week saw the Mini-Scientist showcase! After all our hard work, 4th, 5th and 6th classes were delighted to show off all of the fantastic Science Fair projects on Wednesday. Congratulations to all the participants, to the runner-up group of Tommy, DylanM and Mason from 4th class and to the winning group of Sam, LukeO’B, AaronG and Davy, who go forward to the Regional Finals. You can read our first post about the showcase here.
- Roots of Empathy began in 2nd class this week – we were delighted to welcome Baby T into the school.
- On Thursday, Singing Club took part in the Hallelujah Choir concert in CityWest – you can check out some of the photos from the night here.
- Polly’s making new friends everywhere she goes – Winter Buzz, a friend of South Dublin Libraries, sent her a Voki on Monday!
- We had a visit from Wicklow Mountains National Park this week – you can listen to what 5th class learned here.
- 2nd class finished Esio Trot and posted a lovely podcast for their book review!
In other news this week:
- Ms Kane finished her Teaching Practice in 5th class this week. Ms Sexton and the boys will really miss her interesting lessons! Thanks, Ms Kane!
- Abbi and her sister, Molly, made a jumper for Polly this week. You can see it here. Well done girls!
- Rehearsals for Cinderella are in full swing – everything is going well and we’re looking forward to everyone seeing it on the Thursday 19th December!
- 2nd class have started putting up their Christmas decorations and Ms Hyland’s class have a beautiful display on their door.
- Ms Byrne’s 3rd class have been working really hard lately to improve attendance and homework with a very cool classroom display – well done everyone!
- 2nd class interacted with a class in Marino College and with Anne McMorrough (@annemmcm) on Twitter during the week. 5th class also told the class about their Mini-Scientist projects.
- Ms Hyland’s class made fantastic pop-up Christmas pictures – you can see Ryan’s one here.
- The lovely Donal Skehan sent us a very cool photo this week – apparently he asked Santa to put us all on the nice list:
As always, you can catch up with all previous editions of the St Peter’s Post here!